Monday, January 13, 2014

My Two Cents





I would just like to say to everyone, take time to have fun this year!!  I have talked to so many people lately, that have somewhere to go and something to do every single day of the week on top of working and everything else in life.  We overbook ourselves and our children and then have no quality time for family and friends.  Think about letting some things go, slowing down, enjoying life.  I have had so many of my stamping friends tell me how therapeutic and/or relaxing it is to get together with others to stamp, make cards and paper craft.  Let this be a small bit of time for you, to help you.  Take time to let your creative juices flow and to relax and enjoy the company of friends and acquaintances.  If not with me, find something that will lower your stress level, give you a little peace and a feeling of accomplishment! Stamping and photography help me.

One last thought for you…What can a CARD help you say?  Let’s get back to being personal.  Make someone’s day by giving or sending a handmade card.  We have gotten away from this with email, e-vites, e-cards, texts, etc.  Make a goal to be more thoughtful, more personal.  When I receive a handmade card with a personal hand written message, it never goes in the trash.  I appreciate it and the person who sent it.  I feel special, because they took the extra time.  Put a smile on someone’s face, send a handmade card!  If you don't have a lot of time, we have card kits that are quick and easy, but still made by your loving hands.
As I promised, I will be sending class info your way VERY soon.  It takes me a while to work it all out, but you will love what I have in the works!!

I sent the above message in an email to my friends and customers this morning, but really hope that others will see it too.  This is just a little bit of advice from me.  And yes, it relates to my business, but even if you don't stamp or paper craft, this is my wish for you.

Slow down this year.  Enjoy life, stop each day and breath. Look at what is around you, appreciate what God has created for us. Take a few minutes to be grateful, to see beauty in the smallest of things as well as the large.  Life is passing us by my friends.  Did anyone else think that 2013 flew by even more quickly than years past?  We all know that we have 24 hours in a day.  Do you know if you break that down we have 1,440 minutes in a day? Do you know what can be done in just 30 of those minutes?  You can walk around the block, breath, think, pray.  You can sit on your porch and think of all the things you are thankful for while having a cup of coffee or tea. Write in a gratitude journal, or watch the sunrise or sunset.  Meditate, pray, write. All of these things can make you happy, lower your stress level.  Do you take at least one evening to spend with family or are you on the run every night?  Please take some time each day for yourself  and for your friends and family.  Give and receive love, hugs and smiles.  You won't regret it.

Photography opens my eyes to the beauty around me.  I capture it on film to look at over and over.  These images and the process of photographing them sooth my soul. Thought I would share a few with you.


No comments:

Post a Comment