Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Vacation Ornaments

I made one of these when we went to Burmuda.  I collected some sand and made one for each of my girls, who went with us,  and one for me. I did the same on this trip.  I collected a little black sand from Piha Beach in New Zealand and some sand a sea shells from Fiji and made these ornaments for my Christmas tree.I still need to add some ribbon, but this is what I have done so far.  We always buy a Christmas Ornament when we travel and I put the date on them.  I couldn't find any in either of these places, so I made my own!
This is one side, front, with a closer view of the beach and Lion's Rock.

This is the back side, The sand is in the ornament and you can see Lion's Rock behind us.

Fiji, Front

Fiji, back.  See the tiny seashells!  Aren't they cute?

No comments:

Post a Comment