Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Baby Shower in the Works!

My youngest daughter Jennifer is having her second baby in July.  It is going to be a girl this time!  So my other daughter Megan and I are putting together a baby shower that will be held in May.  The theme is birds and old/vintage style.  The colors are blue and coral. Here are a couple of things we are doing.  I am using Stampin' Up! Ruffled Ribbon in Calypso Coral and Pool Party on the Diaper wreath.  (Got this great idea from Pinterest, but it was too plain so I added the birdnest to the center!).  The table center pieces are old Mason jars filled with birdseed.  We cut peach tree branches and spray painted them white and will add a big sprig of Rosemary.  The bird is cut with the Big Shot using Bird Die.  It is made with Calypso Coral Card stock and rand through an embossing folder.  We used different textures on each of the birds. Of course I had to add  rhinestones for the eyes.  For the favors we fashioned bird nests with excelsior and put dove chocolate eggs in the nest (bought these after Easter on sale!).  The tag is made using the Decorative Label Punch and the Stamp set Best of Everything. I had that cute coral ribbon left over from Sale-a-Bration to tie around the Small cello bag.  I will share more as we get more done or after the shower.  I will take lots of pictures of the decor!






No comments:

Post a Comment