Sunday, November 9, 2014

My healthy Lifestyle Story

My personal story.

So I told you about our family healthy lifestyle competition.  I have to tell you that I have started time and time again over the years.  I gain and lose, gain and lose.  I hope this time I can make it stick!  I hope doing this little competition with my family, supporting each other will help. 

I get to the point where I really hate myself!  The way I look, the way I feel, my clothe don't fit, I have no energy....I just finally get fed up!  Do you ever get to this point?

So here I am starting all over again.

I have started going to a yoga class and I am trying to get back to walking/jogging.  When I did this a couple of years ago, I FELT SO MUCH BETTER! I was running over 4 miles a day, doing some yoga and Weight Watchers.  I had lost 17 pounds!  I still had a ways to go but I was feeling better physically, mentally, and I was starting to have more self confidence.  I ran two 5k's and did fairly decent.  Then I hurt my leg.  It was 2 years ago this past September.  I waited a while to go to the doctor and when I did I found out I had a bad Stress fracture in my thigh bone.  So.....I was out of commission until about February.  Well, needless to say, I got out of my habit, routine, the holidays came around, I quit going to WW and here I am back where I started. The weight just kept coming on gradually and before I knew it I was Miss Piggy again.  

It is so easy to slide back into old habits. Life is so much easier when you don't have to work at something; when you can just stay in your comfort zone. But the fact is you do have to work at it.  If you want results, you have to put in the effort.

I am hoping that I will stay on program and stay consistent this time around.  I want to feel good again.  I am getting older but I don't want to be old!  I want to be healthy and energetic for my family and my grandchildren. So wish me luck.  I will keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment