Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Bird Themed Baby Shower

My daughter Megan and I gave my youngest daughter Jennifer a baby shower this past Saturday.  I have been planning it for months now and it was planned for outdoors.  Well, all who live in our area know what happened Friday....it rained and poured ALL day!  I was beside myself.  But we kept preparing and hoping that Saturday would be OK.  We went to bed late, got up early to set up and finish preparing the food.  It rained again!  Just a little, but it did put us behind a bit.  The shower started at 10 am.  I was pretty stressed, but it all went beautifully and everyone enjoyed it.  I love planning and creating parties!  It is so much fun!  Sometimes stressful, but still fun! I wanted to share some pictures with you.

Jennifer, me, Megan
 
Gift Table

Sign in Table
Favors were little bird nests with chocolate eggs and a hand stamped tag



Opening gifts.  She got so many cute outfits!!



Megan is our artist she did 3 prints for the nursery




I used an antique ironing board and an old lace window panel for part of the drink station.
We used mason jars, spray painted the lids and drilled holes in the seals, added paper straws and tags to write your name on.  I saw this idea on pinterest!
I made ice cubes with fruit to add to water and punch.
Our buffet table


 We hung birds with bakers twine.  These were made with the Big Shot and Stampin' Up's new Elegant Bird Die.


Popcorn!
Doughnut Holes and chocolate eggs
Fruit Kabobs.
I stamped the ends of the skewers!

Chicken Bacon Wraps and Crescent Cinnamon Rolls




I found these cute baby bird cupcakes on Martha Stewart's web site
Sausage Cheese Muffins
Mini yogurt Parfaits
Winners! of one of the games that Rion's mom, Rhonda planned.
Rhonda, Rion, Jennifer and Kellan
Megan enjoying her punch.


Kellan really enjoyed the box of tissue paper from all the gifts!!


No comments:

Post a Comment