Sunday, March 3, 2013

Wedding Work Day

Yesterday my daughter Megan came over and we worked on wedding stuff.  Just 5 more weeks and so much to do!!  Here are some things we accomplished.

We worked on these jars last week and finished them yesterday. We wrapped Mason jars in burlap and pinned vintage broaches to them that I have been collecting over the months.

Pretty darn cute, don't you think??

Megan added the wire to all the jars and we played with putting flowers in them.  These will hang on shepherds hooks at the end of each row going down the aisle.

I worked on making these burlap pouches for her to put her brides maids gifts in.  I only got 2 done, need to create 3 more.  Each one will be unique, as I am using real vintage feed sack fabric that was my granny's, vintage buttons and lace and doilies.  I didn't have a pattern, so I had to figure it out as I went on the first one.  The second one was much easier!


The inside lined with the vintage fabric.


Megan made these notebooks for her girls.  She chose and bought old books that represents each of the girl's favorite book.  She used pages from the books to decoupage to the covers. The other two are in the pouches already!

She also made these necklaces using the same theme.  She chose parts of the book with words that represent the book.  Aren't they beautiful.  She is so clever!

We got our suitcase for cards done.  Used the Bigshot, Perfect Pennants Die, and Typeset Alphabet Die.



We played with making the bridesmaid bouquets and boutonnieres.  What do you think?



We wrapped stems in burlap and used Stampin' Up! Crochet Trim to wrap around it.  Megan used the same book page theme to cut letters for each of the girls first initial and made pins to pin to each bouquet.

We were trying to figure out what to use as a menu board.  We went scouring our barn and sheds and look what we found!  A good old flaky door!  And it was pink!!

So we went to work on it.

We sprayed it with chalkboard paint. We just have to add a cute door knob and write our menu on it!  I'll post a pictue when we actually have it all finished.
We worked on these on one of our previous work days.  Ribbon Wands!  Aren't they cute?
 

We even did some wine shopping!  We have to taste test to make sure it is good. 
Ahh, the sacrifices we have to make! : )

My office with all the wedding stuff we can actually put in boxes!!  The rest is in the out buildings!

 We had a productive day!It was fun, but today I have to prepare for my downline meeting and then rush home to have a family birthday gathering for my son-in-law, Rion.  A full day, a busy day, but a GOOD day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment